Friday, April 15, 2011

Structured Handbags are BACK

One of the biggest handbag trends for this season is the structured handbag.  For years we’ve been breaking our backs and shoulders to carry some the biggest handbags in the history of fashion.  I don’t mind unstructured handbags — I have a few that I love dearly and I have the scars to prove it.  I'm thrilled to finally see more and more structured handbags on the runway and featured in some of my favorite stores.

Structured bags are sophisticated for any work wardrobe andcan add class to a casual look, as well. The latest must-have handbags are miracles of efficiency (carries my iPhone and iPad), making the most of their smaller outlines with thoughtful design details and practical, structured frames. This is a far cry from the slouchy, uncooperative bags we’ve become used to, a framed bag makes it easy to keep all our necessities only a hand lengths away instead of placing my entire arm to the bottom of my handbag just to find my ringing cell phone.

So put away your slouchy summer hobos and bring on the structured satchels, clutches and totes.  Check out a few we have on the shelves at OnQueStyle

  Cartier, $495; Louis Vuitton Limited Edition "Eye Miss You", $1,995;
Oscar de la Renta, $595; Vintage Alligator, $595



No comments:

Post a Comment